“Life is the messy bits.” I love this quote from Letters to Juliet!
The messiness of life is inevitable. And it’s needed!
During my first writing course, I can’t tell you how often my instructor asked, “Where’s the conflict?” I didn’t want bad things to happen to my characters, any more than I wanted bad things to happen to my daughter, or any loved one. But a life without conflict is a life without victories.
It’s in the messy bits of life that we find
- Strength we never thought we had.
- Courage to do what we never thought we’d do.
- Hope that keeps us going one more day, and then another…
- Friends we didn’t realize we had.
- Joy in the smallest things…like the warmth of the sun on our skin.
- The cleansing therapy of a good cry.
- Unconditional Love
Great stories have conflict. So when your life gets messy, hold on tight and take it all in! Imagine being on the other side looking back at how you handled yourself and the situation. Your story could inspire others!
Here’s to the messy bits of life!